How often do you feel like this? It seems everyone and their uncle are coming to you to fix their problems!
Being the Go-To person, the one that “gets shit done” is highly rewarding. Your hard work, knowledge & expertise are recognized and it feels good to be “needed” by others.
Except you eventually get to a place when you’re thinking, “Do your own **&^% job, I don’t have time to fix your problems!” 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗳𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮 𝗵𝗮𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁’𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂.
Cost > Payoff.
There are 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙪𝙡, 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙝𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 your teammates or family members. A few to get you started:
1. Remind yourself they are Powerful, Creative & Resourceful (They don’t need you to solve their problems).
2. Smile & Encourage them. "You know what to do." "You've seen this before."
"I'm confident in you."
Often they know the answer or have a solution, they just lack confidence.
3. Ask Advancing Questions that help them develop their critical & creative thinking and take greater ownership:
- "What do you recommend?"
- "How do you plan to resolve it?"
- "What do you already know? What do you not know?"
- "Who are you pulling in to help you?"
- "How is this similar to past problems you've solved?"
- "What would you do if I wasn't here?"
Give it a shot--It feels amazing when you free yourself up from the tangle!
Want more tools or support on this? Send me a msg!
Be good to yourself,
56 views0 comments