Top 6 Sins When You Want to Influence Others
How often are you creating problems for yourself by committing one (or more) of these Top 6 Sins when influencing others?
1. Using bubblewrap or lazy language with overly intense emotion
2. Only adding Volume to your habitual language
3. Using Absolutes [all, nothing, never, always, everyone, etc...]
4. Using dramatic language ["Rome is burning people!"]
5. Judging the other person (or their idea) as wrong or less than
6. Not Listening 6.5 BONUS: Not Asking Questions
If you're not sure, start paying attention & ask a teammate to help you!
Eliminate stress and increase your confidence by influencing more of what you want at work & at home!
Want more help? Give me a shout!
[photo credit: felipe pelaquim]
22 views0 comments