Successful Leaders Practice Improvising
Improvising is a critical practice these days!
Have a plan? Sure.
Ready to improvise when the plan goes to hell? Darn sure.
It's a mindset & a set of skills that are game changers when you're facing new challenges, going into new territory, and when the (*&^ hits the fan!
Those who over-rely on the plan will inadvertently create more stress and anxiety for themselves--making the problem bigger.
𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗜 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼:
1. Calm myself down
2. Ask myself a few questions:
- "Ok. What DO we know & what do we not know?"
- "You've been in tough spots before. What's helped before in situations like this?"
- "You're not alone. Who can I turn to for some perspective & support?"
- "What's possible now that wasn't before?"
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗼 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗯𝘂𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲 & 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘀𝗲𝘁?
7 views0 comments